Pet's love the Holiday Season too! There are some special hazards however that can lead to trouble for your pets.
Everybody is very busy this time of year and often you may forget to pet proof your home during the Holiday Season. Below are 5 common hazards your pet may encounter during this time of year.
1. Chocolate - Typically, Holiday chocolates contain high levels of the toxic ingredient in chocolate and is very harmful to your pet, especially dogs, if ingested. 2. Grapes and raisons - A potentially toxic food source that can cause kidney failure. 3. Tinsel (and other linear type objects) - Cat love to play with linear objects such as tinsel and yarn. When ingested, the objects can cause very serious intestinal problems and often require immediate surgery. 4. Xylitol - This is used as an artificial sweetener. Typically found in sugar free foods such as gum and candies. When ingested, it can cause liver failure. 5. Mistletoe and holly - Very common Holiday plants and extremely toxic to pets when ingested. Can cause heart failure. Pointsetta ingestion however typically will only produce mild symptoms related to the gastrointestinal tract.
We hope this helps you with your pet proofing this Season. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.